Kevin L. Hernandez – Identity Theft and Credit
Listen to Kevin L. Hernandez – Identity Theft and Credit
Kevin L. Hernandez – Identity Theft and Credit
Kevin L. Hernandez is a Nevada and California licensed attorney who represents consumers facing identity theft, illegal debt collection practices, and credit reporting errors. He was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, and obtained his bachelor’s degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and his Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law in San Diego.
Kevin has been honored by Nevada Business Magazine as part of Nevada’s Legal Elite and Best Up and Coming Attorneys in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. He was also named to the Mountain States Super Lawyers in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Kevin is admitted to the State Bar of Nevada, the State Bar of California, the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Message From The President
President-Elect Jackie Thornhill and the Fundraising Committee are currently running our first annual fundraising raffle. The raffle has been submitted to and approved by, the Nevada Gaming Control Board. The raffle will be held on September 27, 2018, with the grand and only prize of $10,000 to the winner. Tickets cost $100 each and we have three hundred tickets to sell. If we sell all three hundred tickets the Club will net $20,000. Each ticket that we do not sell is money that we could have raised but did not. I am asking each of you to support our Club by joining me in taking three tickets from the Fundraising Committee and committing to sell them to people outside of the Club. The tickets are relatively easy to sell. I have already sold two and I like my chances to exceed my three ticket quota. As a reminder, the person who sells the most raffle tickets will receive $200 in Lawry’s Bucks.
Each year we participate in numerous community projects and donate significant sums to charities that provide much-needed support to the Las Vegas Valley and beyond. One of the things I learned by preparing the Club and Foundation budgets is that we make charitable donations in excess of $200,000 per year (not counting the joint Foundation-Howard & Howard donations). Our Club has members who are very generous with their money and we are grateful to them for their continued support of our Club, and its projects and the Foundation. While we have been blessed with our members’ generosity, it led us to rely on their continued donations as opposed to raising funds from outside the Club to support our projects. The raffle is our first chance to change this paradigm for the better.
The fundraising committee and I need your support of the raffle. By taking three tickets and soliciting sales from outside the club, each of you will bring in new funds to our Club. Each of you will also have the opportunity to tell prospective members why this is the greatest Rotary Club in the world by sharing the good news about what we do in Las Vegas and the beyond. Proceeds from the raffle will help us to continue our mission to teach youth to succeed through literacy, education & life skills development. We all believe in this mission statement. Through the raffle, we have the opportunity to monetarily support our mission as well as letting others know what are doing and believe in.
To paraphrase Randolph Duke go out and sell, sell, sell. Thank you in advance for your support!
James A. Kohl
Scribe – March 8, 2018
Las Vegas Rotary Club Meeting: July 26, 2018
- President Jim Kohl called the meeting to order.
- Jaime Goldsmith gave the invocation. Arleen Sirois led the club in singing “This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land.” The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and the Sergeant-at-Arms was Arleen Sirois.
- There were (1) International Rotarian, (1) Visiting Rotarian, and (5) Guests of Rotarians that were introduced.
- Stu Lipoff gave a presentation about the club’s live stream. Go to https://www.facebook.com/pg/LasVegasRotary/videos/ to share the live stream by clicking on “Share.”
- Janice Lencke promoted the current Las Vegas Rotary Foundation fundraiser. We’re selling (300) tickets at $100 each for a grand prize of $10,000 and to raise $20,000 for the foundation! Every member is encouraged to sell at least (3) tickets each. Pick up your tickets at the next club meeting!
- Past President Jim Tucker announced that we still have (4) adds available for purchase in The Wheel.
- Rosalee Hedrick re-inducted Brian Rosenberg into the Club.
- Luci Parodi gave a recap of the Alpine picnic recognizing the efforts everyone who participated including Deb Granda, Past President Kathy Dalvey, Chris Rodenfels and Bob Werner.
- The drawing began at $1,361.00 plus this week’s donations. The winner gets half the pot and half goes to the Las Vegas Rotary Foundation. Ticket Winner: Dan Adamson who won $10! Lawry Bucks Winner: Deb Granda.
- Kirk Holmes introduced the guest speaker, Brian Rosenberg. Brian discussed the Socrates Learning Platform. Socrates is an educational web-based platform that provides individualized learning for students of all ages. It engages students by using games that encourage learning and empowers teachers by enhancing current workflows through auto grading homework and tests. It also creates a record to reflect the student’s level of learning that can be transferred from school to school. With Socrates, the student advances at their own pace.
- President Jim Kohl presented the speaker with a “Share What You Can” award to benefit a veteran in need and adjourned the meeting.