- This event has passed.
Ryan Wheeler, Project Manager for I-11 and Assistant Manager for Project Neon – Update on Project Neon and I-11
November 29, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Ryan Wheeler has worked as a senior project manager for the Nevada Department of Transportation for the last 4 years. He is responsible for the scope, schedule, and budget of select major projects. His current assignments include the Garnet design-build project, the Brightline High-Speed Rail and an upcoming I-515 downtown project. Mr. Wheeler has participated in managing over $1 billion of construction projects for NDOT. Mr. Wheeler’s career before NDOT included some of the following:
- Managing and operating a civil engineering office in Mesquite Nevada
- Working as a construction engineer for Obayashi on the Mike O’ Callaghan and Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge (aka Hoover Dam Bridge)
- Designing and constructing bridges and storm drain channels
- Operating heavy equipment
- Sandblasting rebar at the bottom of a drilled shaft
- Chipping concrete from inside a cement truck
Ryan holds a master’s and bachelor’s degree, both from Utah State University.
A few other facts about Ryan are:
- He is an elected official, serving as a board member for the Moapa Valley Water District
- He is a volunteer basketball coach for a middle school
- He is a father of five, and he is married to the most beautiful girl in the world