1948-1949President Lorin Ronnow
In 1948, under Lorin Ronnow, a drive for the establishment of a library for Las Vegas was started. The Rotary Club joined in wholeheartedly, and the final outcome of the drive found the Rotary contribution at $8,300 or more than $100 per member. The Rotary Park, now Doolittle Park on Charleston Boulevard, was established through contributions by the club.
It was during the terms of Ciliax and Lorin Ronnow that the Army Gunnery School was deactivated, in 1947, and reactivated in 1948. It was thought for a while that the base was lost forever, but due to the efforts of Senator Pat McCarran, it was saved and has grown to be one of the largest Federal activities in Nevada.
The Las Vegas Rotary Foundation, Inc. (“LVRF”) is registered with the Nevada Secretary of State and qualified by the Internal Revenue Services as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (EIN: 88-0403571). Established in 1998, LVRF supports the Las Vegas Rotary Club. Las Vegas Rotary’s mission is “teaching youth to succeed through literacy, education & life skills development.” Your charitable contribution to LVRF is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.